...

Get ready to follow 9 city-girls from Philadelphia as they experience the Delaware River up close and personal. With funding from the National Park Foundation (NPF) the Pocono Environmental Education Center (PEEC) is proud and excited to offer this once in a lifetime experience to these young women.


Tuesday, June 29, 2010

All The Prep was Worth It!

We took so many pictures, but because it took me some time to finally get blogger to accept them remotely, I didn't get a chance to really track the program like I wanted to. That is to be expected though when one is creating a program from scratch. I wanted to take pictures along the way showing planning and prepping and teaching to shoving off on that first day.

Well, it didn't happen that way, but that doesn't mean that I can't fill in the gaps now!
So here I go.


You would think that having thousands of dollars to buy a ton of equipment, enough to
outfit 15 people on the trail or on the river would be fun.
It was! But it was tiring too. It was, like, 95 degrees with
112 % humidity (ok...not 112% but it felt like it) the day I went to pick up the big order of gear at Cabela's in Harrisburg, PA. And by the way...a big THANK YOU! to Cabela's for their very generous discount.
Because of what they did...we were able to stretch out gear budget to include so much
more.

Not to worry though, Jessica and I didn't have to do all the
labeling and organizing on our own. The girls helped by labeling the gear they were to use for the trip so that we didn't have to do it all.

No comments: