...

Get ready to follow 9 city-girls from Philadelphia as they experience the Delaware River up close and personal. With funding from the National Park Foundation (NPF) the Pocono Environmental Education Center (PEEC) is proud and excited to offer this once in a lifetime experience to these young women.


Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Good and Bad News...

I am sad to report that Saroya will not be able to join our little troop on the river. But it is for a good reason! Saroya is headed to grad school and her first day of orientation is July 13th and she can't miss that! She will be sorely missed but we all wish her the best of luck on this next phase of her educational journey.


Thank You Saroya for all you did to help while the girls were here two weeks ago.



Saroya M. Royster: Assistant Group Leader


I am a recent graduate of Bloomsburg University and I am interning with WINS to complete my coursework requirements. Although I didn't major in Science, as an alumni of the WINS program I'm glad to be back! I missed my WINS class trip to PEEC in 2002 so this is actually my first experience here. So far so good! I love the calming and relaxing feeling I get from being outdoors. I especially liked the yoga activity. I look forward to being on the river for a few days and I'm excited to be a part of this experience.


No comments: